A. The Pledge
Individuals and institutions are encouraged to publicly declare their support to #RedCardKE by:
Signing a commitment declaration to support #RedCardKE, take a photo and share:
Pledge: I ………………………………. pledge that:
- I will only support for public office candidates of integrity;
- I will reject corrupt and unethical candidates during elections;
- I will de-campaign corrupt and unethical aspirants during elections;
- I will report electoral offences by political aspirants during elections.
B. The How
5 Ways the Citizenry Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Publicise the Red Card Campaign by printing the red cards, stick them on your cars, laptops, doors, places of work, social places, social media as profile photos (Twitter, FaceBook, WhatsApp);
- Social vetting- demand campaign financing transparency, wealth declaration by aspirants;
- Red card rogue political leaders on their social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp);
- Populate the list of corrupt and unethical leaders through the Red Card Campaign Twitter Handle @RedCardKE;
- Submit a petition to IEBC, EACC on enforcement of Chapter 6 during the Elections 2017;
5 Ways Faith-Based Organisations Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Write prayer letters anchored on Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
- Anchor sermons on Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
- Publicise the Red Card Campaign by including it as a popular item in all weekly bulletins, pin the red cards in church noticeboards;
- Organise public dialogues on Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
- Refuse all church donations by corrupt and unethical aspirants;
3 Ways Political Parties Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Political aspirants to red card their political parties for shambolic political party nominations;
- Political Parties to provide a list of political aspirants who don’t meet Chapter 6;
- Political Parties to red card other political parties whose political processes don’t adhere to Chapter 6.
3 Ways the Media Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Conduct a public opinion on Chapter 6;
- Encourage columnists to write opinion pieces on Chapter 6;
- Populate list of corrupt and unethical aspirants through investigative journalism;
4 Ways Chapter 6 Working Group Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)- provide guidelines/criteria on enforcement of Chapter 6; provide a list of those accused of corruption and unethical conduct;
- Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP)- provide a list of those prosecuted for corruption and unethical conduct;
- Judiciary – Provide an interpretation of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC)- bar corrupt and unethical conduct.
- Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC)- bar corrupt and unethical conduct.
3 Ways Professional bodies and Associations Can Participate in Red Card Campaign
- Publicly declare their support to the Red Card Campaign;
- Share list of corrupt and unethical members aspiring to hold elective offices;
- Populate the integrity criteria by providing details of their Code of Conducts.